I cannot believe how quickly August went. One moment I had a full month to prepare my syllabi, and the next I was printing off copies the night before classes started, simultaneously cursing myself for my lack of preparation earlier in the month.
Despite seemingly lasting 5 whole days, I am pleased to report that August was a very productive month! Continue reading
The goals I set for myself last month were organized into categories: blog goals, academic goals, and self-employment goals.
- Blogging goal: Blog twice per week. I failed this by two blog posts — for a four-week month, I only blogged six times. Since I subscribe to a quality-over-quantity mindset in my daily life, I can only hope that I presented readers with some wonderful information for those six posts!
- Blogging goal: Reach Alexia rating of 900,000. Oh boy did I pass this one! I started August at a ranking of 1,101,088; as of right now, I am ranked 382,281. I can’t believe how quickly that went! I really started to see a difference when Femme Frugality mentioned me on the one-year anniversary of Financially Savvy Saturdays. Thanks, Femme!
- Academic goal: Finish revising my paper for publication and submit it. Passed! No word on its acceptance yet, but at least I got it in by the deadline.
- Academic goal: Propose a chapter for an upcoming book. Passed, and accepted! My proposal will be featured in an anthology. I cannot tell you how excited this makes me.
- Self-employment goal: Gain one new tutoring student. Almost. I was contacted by three potential students this month, though we have not met yet. I will be meeting some of them next week, I hope!
- Self-employment goal: Create one new class for high school students, to start in September. Well, I had better get on this. I sort of passed this, because I know what class I would like to teach. I haven’t advertised it yet, though, so starting in September may be unlikely. Ack.
I intend to make September even more productive. I have recently shaken off a negative working situation, happily (and luckily) able to support myself through my new teaching jobs. Everything else that I make will go toward paying off my student loans, which I still intend to do by July 4th, 2015, even though I have not been able to start my intense payoff plan during the last few months.
Goals for September
- Alexia Traffic Rank of 250,000.
- Detail my loan-payoff plan in an informative, tell-all blog post.
- Post twice per week.
- Finish the rough draft of my anthology chapter.
- Submit an article for publication.
- Study for the GRE.
- Begin working on PhD application materials.
- Advertise after-school class for high school students, to start mid-September or early October.
- Nail interviews with potential students from this month, and secure one.
- Go to the gym twice per week.
- Create student loan debt payoff plan, so I can fulfill blog goal #2 (two birds with one stone!)
What are your goals this month? How did you do in August?