How Much Better Would Your Financial Situation Be if You Could Make Money Every Day?
Earlier this week I started a moneymaking challenge to myself: my goal is to make $4,500 in 90 days. To do that, I am aiming to make money every day for the duration of my challenge.
This is a huge goal, but if I succeed at it, I will pay off my student loan with the highest interest rate. This loan costs me $260 each month, so it would make a substantial difference in my finances.
Is it possible to make money every day?
For the longest time I was under the illusion that my student loans somehow counted as good debt, so until the last few years I was content with just paying the minimum payment each month. Now that I have decided that I need to pay them off quickly, I settled on a number that seemed feasible: I need to make $50 a day on average for the next 90 days to reach my goal.
$50 a day seems like a lot of money at first, but I came up with this number for a reason. The types of side hustles I do easily lend themselves to making at least $50 a day if I can land clients and spare the time – which is hard to do as a new mom! Still, I think it’s absolutely possible for me to make money every day for the next 90 days.
Easy Ways to Make Money Every Day
Below, I have 15 ways you can make $50 a day and stay on track with me in my quest to make $4,500 by the end of August. However, the purpose here is really to make money every day, regardless of the amount. Just find a hustle you like and go for it!
I encourage you to pick more than one of the items from this list to pursue – I’m going to! It’s always best to diversify your side hustles when trying to reach any financial goal.
Make $5 ten times
- Sell a service 10 times on Fiverr. Just make sure it’s something you can do quickly, so it is worth your while!
- Wash cars for $5 apiece.
- Take 10 dogs on a 15 minute walk.
- Sell small crafts on Etsy.
Make $10 five times
- Babysit for 5 hours.
- Write 5 brief articles for paying websites.
- Mow 5 lawns (small ones!).
- List items on Craigslist or Ebay for others. $10 could be a fair price for 5 items, including taking a picture and writing a brief description of the item.
Make $25 two times
- Tutor 2 students for an hour each.
- Write 2 longer blog articles for paying websites.
- Sell 2 assorted boxes of books, DVDs, or games.
- Work two hours as an Uber driver. This is an average number; actual pay per hour depends on your location.
Make $50 once
- Watch someone’s house and/or animals overnight.
- Have a tag sale.
- Work as an event planner and maître d’.
Other Ways to Make $50 a Day
This is by no means an exhaustive list; there are so many ways to make $50 a day. What are some of your favorite ways?